BDS Releases 4″ Lift Kit for 2005+ Tacoma
A new 4″ lift kit is available through BDS Suspension which is known for using “full 1 piece front and rear crossmembers coupled with precision machined ductile cast iron steering knuckles.” The kit will work on 2005-2012 Toyota Tacoma pickups.
This new Toyota Tacoma IFS suspension lift system follows BDS design standards of using a full 1 piece front & rear crossmembers. BDS says that the “steering knuckles are designed to work within the factory traction control constraints and provide stock-like handling characteristics.” They also point out that they considerably stronger than factory OEM parts.
What’s In The Box
The kit is meant to have all the parts needed for the entire lift job (although this might vary). It comes with iron steering knuckles, crossmembers, belly pan skid plate and a 3″ rear block, u-bolts, shocks and brake line relocation brackets.
- Minor welding required to install new steering stops.
- Stock wheels will not work.
- System will work on 2wd PreRunner model, but will not work on standard 2wd model.
- 4.5″ wheel backspacing is optimal for tire fitment.
- Will not fit 4 Runner models.
According to BDS, the big benefit of their Toyota Tacoma lift system kit is” the combination of front and rear crossmembers built with 1/4″ thick steel, tied together with a 1-piece full belly skid.” They claim that this combination adds the lift strength and rigidity that you need with the complete protection the belly pan skid plate. Also, “the front differential relocation is integrated into the front and rear crossmembers to provide strength and proper CV and front driveshaft angles.”
Can I Install It Myself?
The kit is described as having a 3 out of 5 difficulty rating and should take 6-8 hours. Although you should consider what types of tools and garage setup you will have access to. If you have a lift, a large selection of tools and a decent amount of mechanical knowledge this can be a relatively quick and easy install.
Tire and Wheel Combinations
- 33 x 12.50 w/18 x 9 and 4.5″ Max. back spacing
- 33 x 12.50 w/20 x 9 and 4.5″ Max. back spacing
The stock kit runs $1,792.84. BDS offers customization which includes Fox 2.0 series shocks and various colors of shock absorbers.
BDS offers what they call a “No BS Hardcore Lifetime Warranty.”
- The Ultimate Tacoma Lift Kit Guide
- BDS Suspension 2.5-inch Lift Kit for the Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Lift Kits: Do It Yourself or Professional Installation?
Keywords Used To Find This Article:
- 2012 tacoma 3 inch lift kit
- toyota tacoma black wheels
- bds tacoma 4
- bds tacoma lift
- 2005 tacoma 4 5 lift
- tacoma 4 bds lift
- tacoma 3 inch lift kit fox
- tacoma 2012 wtih 18 wheels3inch lift
- price for a complete fox lift kit for a 12 tacoma
- prerunner bds lift review
Filed Under: Lift Kits