Toyota Tacoma Grill Wind Whistle Noise – TSB
Toyota has recently released a Technical Service Bulletin (T-SB) for the Tacoma addressing a grill wind whistle noise issue.According to T-SB-0058-12, “some 2012 model year Tacoma vehicles may exhibit a wind whistle type noise from the front of the vehicle. This noise may be coming from the grill where it meets the hood. A revised grill has been developed to address this condition.”
The TSB only applies to truck that were produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective Vins listed below. If yours doesn’t match up then it probably isn’t affected.
Keep in mind like other T-SBs the repair is only covered under the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty, 36 months or 36,000 miles whichever occurs first.
The repair is described below:
- Verify the condition. The noise comes from a gap between the rubber seal that is on the grill and the grill itself.
- Duplicate the noise, then mask off the rubber seal between the grill and hood. If the noise is still heard, this T-SB doesn’t apply.
- Remove the grill.
- Replace with New grill, then test drive to confirm.
As with all technical service bulletins, it is best to visit your local Toyota dealership if you have any concerns about the T-SB.
Keywords Used To Find This Article:
- toyota tacoma 2009
- toyota tacoma whistle noise
- toyota tacoma whistling noise
- 2005 tacoma
- 2005 tacoma wheel noise
- toyota tacoma 2013 whistle
- 2013 toyota tacoma whistle noise
- blower motor
- tacoma whistling
Filed Under: Tacoma Recalls and TSBs