EPA States 2012 Tacoma Best Fuel Economy
The fuel economy statistics on 2012 pickups have been released by the EPA and once again the Toyota Tacoma is on top of the rankings list.
Ranked as the most fuel efficient vehicle, 2WD Toyota Tacoma with an automatic transmission, 2.5 liter four cylinder appears with 21 city, 25 highway, 22 combined. Its manual counterpart is at position 6 with 19 city, 23 highway and 21 combined. But the Tacoma isn’t just the most fuel efficient 2WD…
The list includes 25 pickups, both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive version. Specific details are not given, but in general, each entry will likely have the lightest option package and a regular cab configuration. Naturally, the majority of the most fuel economic pickups are four-cylinders and two-wheel drive, but there are a few V6s and V8s out there as well as four-wheel drive models.
The Toyota Tacoma appears four times on the list, with both two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models. The 4WD manual appears at position 20 ahead of the 2WD Ford F-150 and four versions of the Chevy Colorado. Right next to it at 19 is the automatic 4WD Toyota Tacoma. The gas mileage rating on the two models is very similar with the manual rated at 18 city, 19 combined, 20 highway and the automatic posting 18/19/21. These are both the 2.7 liter four cylinder.
Once again Toyota stands out as a company that has listened to the U.S. consumer and built a powerful yet fuel-efficient vehicle during a tough economy.
- Tacoma Cleans Up In Canada
- KBB Says Tacoma Resale Value Industry Best
- 2011 Tundra Named IntelliChoice Best Overall Value
Keywords Used To Find This Article:
- Powered by Article Dashboard xm radio guide
- tacoma fuel economy
- Powered by Article Dashboard install xm radio
- Powered by Article Dashboard efficiency
- Powered by Article Dashboard truck
- Powered by Article Dashboard fuel the hunt
- Powered by Article Dashboard environment
- Powered by Article Dashboard edmunds used car
- Powered by Article Dashboard colorado state
- Powered by Article Dashboard best pickup
Filed Under: Tacoma News